Tuesday LFW // Brewer Street Car Park

It was my first time in a British Fashion Council Space, and for that matter, at a Fashion Week.

Admittedly, it was everything I expected. From the free prosecco and canapés, to the mass crowds of people posing for pictures. The venue, which is set and shared with a £13-per-hour car park, is amid the bustling streets of Soho. This creative space, curated by the Vinyl Factory, is one of Central London's iconic buildings and hosts many visual shows and art installations throughout the year. Fashion Week moved from Somerset House in February 2015 to Brewer Street Car Park. This September see's LFW celebrating it's 62nd year. Over 100 designers exhibited their collections over two floors of fashions new home.

Hoards of photographers are congregated outside to ask bloggers, models, and industry powers for their picture. I was there to take photo's for Let's Talk Fashion Business, and for myself. Speaking personally, I'm not comfortable with having my picture taken. A million things pass through my head, like where do my hands go? Which way do I point my feet? How do I relax my shoulders? However, Simply Be asked for my photo and here's my proper cringe London Fashion Week papp moment. Unashamedly, I'm jealous of how natural and confident people are as they get their pictures taken for various publications and social media outlets. I'll get around to mastering the skill eventually, but for now, I'm happy to hide behind the camera.

Upon entry, I was notified that taking pictures inside was not actually acceptable, as the press pay a lot of money to take official snaps, but I did anyway. The showroom was littered with little white pods hosted by the designers themselves or the represented PR offices. The colours, textures and patterns that catch your eye as you pass through the show space are hypnotic. The wish list was of considerable length by the time of departure.

Luckily, we were there for the Molly Goddard Pop-Up Showroom NEWGEN event running alongside acclaimed Vogue Sarah Mower's event celebrating NEWGEN too. Having a ticket to see the David Ferreira show, we couldn't hang about for more then one glass of bubbles.

It's easy to see what the Designer Showrooms is such a massive part of LFW.






















No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig