Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

"We should try that place sometime" is something I'm sure everyone has said at least once, however, with Melange, I genuinely meant it. The fact that I've lived across the road from the restaurant since March 2015, it's a bit ridiculous that I only got around to trying it on Monday.

However, patience is a virtue and good things come to those who wait, because my afternoon experience was far from disappointing.

The Italian/French restaurant's contemporary Crouch End exterior matches it's industrial - vintage stylish interior. Old wooden wine boxes, rustic looking olive oil containers and a projector screen playing classic Charlie Chaplin set the tone. At this stage, I already had my phone out and have begun taking pictures. If I was this excited by some cushions and table wear, you can probably imagine what I was like to check out the grub.

The simplified and hearty lunch menu featured fish, meat and vegetarian options, which all ran for a reasonable 2 or 3 courses for £12.95 or £14.95 whilst all the cocktails were Prosecco based at 6.95. These cocktails are of sizeable proportion - It's worth mentioning that my raspberry Bellini lasted me the whole meal.

As I waited for the food to arrive, I took a look at the other customers. The restaurant had a mixture of guests. A lady sat in the corner with a coffee and a newspaper, whilst a group of women laughed over a bottle of wine. It's easy to see why the website calls it "a relaxed neighbourhood vibe"

Whilst my other half tucked into a juicy looking steak and crispy thin fries, I opted for the creamy truffle, mortadella, Grana Padana and ricotta cheese filled pastas in a white wine sauce. I should probably tell you that I was so excited by the food being put on my table, I dug straight in and forgot to get a picture to share. I also done the exact same thing when we shared the lemon tart and chocolate mousse. I suppose you'll just have to go check it out for yourself ...

I've passed by the restaurant many times in the evening, and the atmosphere inside has always looked pleasant. Dimmed lighting, fragrant smells, and a packed out restaurant seems to me it might be worth checking out for the dinner service.

I don't really have an excuse since I live across the road. Probably won't leave it another year and a half again though.








No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig