Summer Pasta Salad

I've been thinking for a while about writing up some of my recipes. I'm such a foodie. I love cooking, it's such a relaxing hobby, and I completely encourage everyone to do it. There's so many pro's to cooking - it's cheaper then going out for meal, you know everything is fresh, and serving an amazing meal to your friends can be one of the best feelings ever.

Luckily, I usually take a photo of my food, and send it to my dad, so I have plenty of pictures to share with you. My summer pasta salad is the perfect dish for when it's too hot out to eat hot food, but you need a decent feed. You can make this dish to accompany a meze of cold platter dishes, or bring it along to a bbq. I usually serve this pasta salad with cold chicken wings, a stick of crusty french with vinegar and olive oil for dipping, selection of cheeses and hummus. Make a decent amount if you know it's gonna be hot for a few days, and leave it in the fridge to pick at.


Ingredients

500g of conchiglie pasta
As many pitted black olives as you want, and chopped in half
Cucumber, diced into tiny squares
Baby tomatoes, again diced really small
A handful of sweetcorn
As much fresh chives and basil as you could like
Squeeze of half a lemon
A big glug of virgin olive oil
A generous dash of white wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

* The reason you have to chop the veggies up so small is because the tiny pieces get caught up inside the conchiglie, giving it lots of flavour with each pasta shell.
** Continuously taste as you add ingredients



No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig