Style Inspiration: Michelle Pfeiffer

I'm making a trip home to beautiful Galway this summer with my other half. Coincidentally, our trip just so happens to be the same time as the Galway Races. 

I've never actually properly been. Mainly because when I still lived in Galway I would have to work as it's probably the busiest week of the year in the social calendar. So I'm fully prepared to be like everyone else and willingly queue half an hour to get a drink in a plastic cup, but more importantly I want to look fabulous whilst doing so.

The occasion is over two and a half months away, but I've already started looking for the perfect frock. As the Irish weather is so ridiculously unpredictable, and I'm not interested in lugging a jacket around for the day, I've decided to look for dresses with a sleeve. 

I've also decided to use Michelle Pfeiffer's character in the 1983 film Scarface. Her character has some amazing costumes throughout the film, and every outfit just oozes sophistication. Furthermore I have decided to not wear my favourite "colour" black.




I'm a bit nervous about wearing another colour. I've been looking at wearing a bright block colour, particularly red, as I'm not sure pastels and prints is something that I'm into for this event. I've just purchased this off ASOS for £26 to try on (and hoping it suits me too). 

I think the dress incorporates elements of the Michelle Pfeiffer's character, which could be maximised with some cat eye sunglasses or a wide brimmed hat. If anyone has any garment, accessory or shoe suggestions to add to my search, please feel free to let me know with a comment below.
River Island Brown Tortoise Shell Extreme Cat Sunglasses £14

Whistles Wide Brimmed Sun Hat £50










No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig